Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I, Voter: Unvote UMNO – Part 1/5 About Being Grateful

This entry is based on an article of an Elite media which I personally consider very seditious. The article is here. (Unfortunately in Malay language).

Right now, if I were to vote, I will certainly not going to vote UMNO (United Malay National Organization). Who cares right? I’m still waiting to be an official voter and I’m nobody important but that’s exactly the point.

Last General Election, there were about four to five million Malaysians who are qualified as voters but have never bothered to register. I’m included because for years I have never trusted the politicians and I’ve been running businesses successfully without any political connection whatsoever.

There are many factors why I’ve changed my mind but the result of the last General Election is major. Not because the ruling parties are losing strengths or the opposition parties are gaining strengths but because there is a major negative thinking particularly among my Malay friends that the future is doomed once what now known as The People’s Alliance is to be in power.

To them, Malays will always been taken care of by UMNO though they know UMNO is full of corrupted people particularly the leaders.

Wow!

Let me repeat this, Malays will always been taken care of by UMNO though they know UMNO is full of corrupted people particularly the leaders.

Wow! Again!!

As a Malay, I admit that UMNO has helped me a lot particularly education. At the age of 13, I was sent to a fully government boarding school under government scholarship where everything was taken care of – education, money, food, shelter etc.

Here lies the argument – I am supposed to be “grateful” because all these years UMNO has helped the Malays in so many ways and therefore I must be “grateful” by showing support or vote for UMNO.

Two questions then have arisen:
1) How do you define “being grateful”?
2) Do I have to support or vote for UMNO though they and I know very well, in fact admitted by UMNO itself, that UMNO is full of corrupted people particularly the leaders.

I have defined “being grateful” in so many ways particularly in this section (I, Voter). Being grateful is simply to do the right thing and avoid doing the wrong thing.

To vote for a candidate that they and I know is corrupted and claim myself “being grateful” does not make sense at all.

However there is this kind of being grateful too. For many years I’ve been taking care of my grandmother who stays with us and she is old, sick and forgetful. Sometimes she is very irritating. No matter how irritating she is, I am grateful that she is still around because she is my grandmother.

To ask me to apply this is kind of grateful to a political party like UMNO is ridiculous.

.
Elitism Exposed: Part 2 – Iblis a.k.a. Lucifer, The Super Racists
Please do read the Disclosure Statement before proceed.

Song and Music by Azer Mantessa