Monday, July 21, 2008

Raja Petra Kamarudin

As previously mentioned, I’ll be promoting citizen journalism throughout my third year in blogging.

Adapted from Wikipedia:

Citizen journalism, also known as public or participatory journalism, is the act of citizens "playing an active role in the process of collecting, reporting, analyzing and disseminating news and information." The intent of this participation is to provide independent, reliable, accurate, wide-ranging and relevant information that a democracy requires." Citizen journalism is a specific form of citizen media as well as user generated content.

The term citizen media refers to forms of content produced by private citizens who are otherwise not professional journalists or online-journalists (Ooppss, they do call themselves as bloggers).

I however prefer to promote those who are not in any political party BUT do blog on any political issues. Also I prefer to promote those who are on side of Individualism, Anti-Elitism and Anti-Racism or Anti-Racial Based Political Party.


Raja Petra Kamarudin

Blog-wise, I’ve known Raja Petra and his blog Malaysia Today about three months once I’ve started blogging. Without question, I’ve missed a lot of his writing. Paper-wise however, I’d followed his articles when he was writing for The Sun which is distributed for free (the only paper I ever bother to read and simply because it is free).

Raja Petra is an accountant by profession (if I’m not mistaken). When I was doing the Risk Management Consulting business, Raja Petra is also quite known to us in the industry as he managed various management programs and seminars which I attended.

As a blogger, Raja Petra is phenomenal. No matter what the readers are saying about him, especially those supporters of The Elite Party and The Elite, I view him as a man who fights for Malaysians as a whole.

To those who are interested in Malaysian Political Scenarios, Raja Petra’s Blog is a must:

Malaysia Today


The Agogo Cats

Song and Music by Azer Mantessa
Flash Animation and Imported GIFs by Azer Mantessa