Saturday, October 04, 2008

M. Bakri Musa

This entry is brought forward by Citizen Journalism.

I have bumped into this name, M. Bakri Musa so many times particularly at Malaysia Today but being an ignorant as always, only recently I bother myself to his blog and his website.

Just before Hari Raya, I downloaded one of his complete articles:

An Education System Worthy of Malaysia

“It is never a smart idea to stop anyone from expanding opportunities”.

Above is a statement written in the first chapter of the article that have caught my attention and from then onwards I just can’t stop reading.

The article or also sold as a book is his effort to make Malaysians look at their education system from a perspective different to what they have been accustomed – without much surprise, politics and racism of course.

So to those Malaysians (myself included) who prefer to look at a different perspective than those of the racial based political parties and racists, I highly recommend his blog and website.

About M. Bakri Musa

Malaysian-born Bakri Musa writes frequently on issues affecting his native land. His essays have appeared in the Far Eastern Economic Review, Asiaweek, International Herald Tribune, Education Quarterly, SIngapore's Straits Times, and The New Straits Times. His commentary has aired on National Public Radio's Marketplace. His regular column Seeing It My Way appears in Malaysiakini. Bakri is also a regular contributor to th eSun (Malaysia). He has previously written "The Malay Dilemma Revisited: Race Dynamics in Modern Malaysia" as well as "Malaysia in the Era of Globalization," "An Education System Worthy of Malaysia," "Seeing Malaysia My Way," and "With Love, From Malaysia." Bakri's day job (and frequently night time too!) is as a surgeon in private practice in Silicon Valley, California. He and his wife Karen live on a ranch in Morgan Hill. This website is updated twice a week on Sundays and Wednesdays at 5 PM California time.

.
On YouTube

I have posted a new music video with a song Keretapi Malam (The Night Train).

.
Greeting Cards

My greeting cards blog is updated:

http://www.a-cards.blogspot.com/

.
The Evil, The Light and The Heat

Song and Music by Azer Mantessa